I just finished up this gem, which is now listed for sale & ready for a new home.
I had my hubby pick up this piece some time ago. However, with the crazy of Christmas, it just sat in my workshop for a bit. I was eager to get started, and here’s where I began.
I loved the lines of the piece, with its curvy front, and the beautiful hardware. The top was heavily stained and some veneer was chipping in a few areas…….let’s just say, it had been well loved. So I gave it a good scrubbing, gentle sanding on the body, followed by several areas of wood putty to even things out a bit, and the top of the piece I sanded WAY down with a heavy grit sandpaper and my palm sander. The grain of the wood was stunning.
I decided to mix a customer batch of Jacobean and Dark Walnut stain, which I applied 3 times, followed by 3 coats of Polycrylic.
The body of the piece received 2 coats of my DIY chalk paint in a French Linen color (Behr – Ashwood ). After that dried overnight, I tastefully distressed the piece and waxed it with Minwax/Dark Finishing Paste Wax (my all time favorite) for that vintage appeal.
The original hardware was buffed/polished & brought back to its former glory using ‘Brasso’.
The color is super neutral and this is such a versatile piece. Now she just needs a new home.